- Los Angeles, CA
As the co-creator of the found-footage collective Everything Is Terrible! I have seen just about every dog movie and instructional tape known to man. I am now the Senior VP of Short Form Development at Super Deluxe, formerly a Senior Producer at BuzzFeed. I also created the logo for Tasty, by far the world's most popular food network.
Freelance clients include:
New York Times, Disney, Netflix, Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, MTV, JASH, Funny or Die, Universal Records, Indianapolis Public Library, Orbitz, Jane Magazine, BUST Magazine, Funny Garbage, WFMU
Please DO NOT email me with unsolicited pitches for Super Deluxe, thanks!
SVP Development of Short Form at Super Deluxe
February 2016 – Present Los Angeles, CA
• Built a team of 25+ directors, producers, animators, designers that guided brand voice and aesthetic.
• Develop & executive produce key series’ including Stoned Mode, Thrift Haul, Tingles, For The Gram, Drawing with Skinner, Upgraded, Advice From Ghosts, Cute Wars, and dozens of other formats.
• Drive traffic & engagement with our core audience (5.2M followers, 150M views/month, 2.5B total views, 30% audience engagement/post)
• Create IP for multiple revenue streams including livestreams, merchandise, and long form television.
• Develop pitch decks / workflow systems / IP for outside partnerships including Facebook and Snapchat Discover
• Executive produce larger-scale formats with out-of-house artists (Mike Diva, KyttenJanae, Devin Flynn, Thu Tran, Caroline Goldfarb, Fat Tony, Skinner, Jamie Loftus, and hundreds of various artists.
• Support production, finance, distribution, and data divisions.
Co-Creator / Creative Director at Everything is Terrible!
December 2007 – Present Los Angeles, CA
• Produce weekly video content, six feature films, and six North American tours.
• Lead art director / illustrator / designer on all films, merch, promotional material, trailers, etc.
• Create / write / produce / edit IP to sell as television properties such as ‘Gigglefudge, USA!’ (Adult Swim) starring Paul Reubens and co-produced by PFFR.
• Created ‘Memory Hole’ in collaboration with Fishbowl Media & AFV.
• Conceived / Executed ‘The Jerry Maguire Video Store’ containing 14K+ copes of Jerry Maguire on VHS. Designed all artwork and design assets for interior /exterior.
• Co-Director of Everything is Festival, an ongoing celebration of rarely-seen films, found footage, live scores, indie games, VR, & immersive spaces in LA / Portland. Produced / hosted 75+ cumulative events.
• Hosted Video Nights (The Cinefamily) from 2010-2013, a monthly series showcasing outsider filmmakers.
Senior Producer at BuzzFeed
December 2013 – February 2016 Los Angeles, CA
• Built / managed a team of 20+ that produced 500 pieces of content per month for Snapchat Discover.
• My team was responsible for 21-27% of BuzzFeed’s total monthly traffic.
• Creatively assisted the Video team and grew from less than 30 LA employees to a global brand.
• Designed the Tasty logo- by far the internet’s most popular food channel (billions of views & 100M+ worldwide followers).
• Solely conceived / directed produced over 70 short form videos combining animation, documentary, and comedic narrative. Acquired over 300M total views.
• Ran monthly graphic design, production, and motion graphics workshops that encouraged experimentation and learning.
Lead Designer at Conan / TBS
April 2013 – December 2013 Los Angeles, CA
• Lead Designer / motion Graphics Artist for ‘Deon Cole’s Black Box’ and ‘The Pete Holmes Show’ (ConaCo)
• Lead Editor on ‘20 Years of Conan’ anniversary special
Illustrator / Graphic Designer / Motion Graphics / Editor at Freelance
June 2007 – Present Los Angeles, CA
Clients include: New York Times, Disney, Netflix, Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, MTV, JASH, Funny or Die, Universal Records, Indianapolis Public Library, Orbitz, Jane Magazine, BUST Magazine, Funny Garbage, WFMU